General > Out & About

On the Z900 in the Cotswolds

(1/1)

Andrew-S:
Possibly not of interest, but I had a great ride over to Burford in the Cotswolds during the week in the sun and the first ride of such distance since my stoke in June 2019, a round trip of 150 miles to meet up with the brother of Phil Churchett who owned my 76 Z900 for 28 years and sadly lost his battle with MND in 2010, Phil was a highly respected founding member and stalwart of the Z1 Owners Club. Jon rides a Z900 RS Cafe and I must admit it looks rather 'I want one'ish. It was great to finally meet Jon as we've been trying to get-together for a while now to chat about Phil and his ownership of his Zed9.

Laverda Dave:
Good to hear you are getting out and about Andrew and the recovery is going well.
Henry Cole tested the Z900 cafe racer during an episode of the latest season of the motorbike show, he was very impressed with it.
That's the trouble when you see the latest incarnation of a classic, you want one with all the latest updates like ABS, runs on E10 without issues, ULEZ compliance etc.
I was looking at a 650RE Intercepter in the car park at the Kempton Park Autojumble yesterday, the owner had added some very tasteful extras and it looked and sounded awesome. I know the feeling of 'I want one(ish)'.

Andrew-S:
Thanks Dave, got a bit of a numb hand at times as the Z900 has a high frequency vibration at around 4500 revs but soon shook it off and thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version