Author Topic: Gone off ebay  (Read 2637 times)

Offline metalcatfish

• View Profile
Gone off ebay
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:31:15 AM »
Hi all,
Yeah she was on ebay deal fell through and couldnt help thinking it was meant to be. So, keeping her.
Needs a bit of work though have neglected the front brakes so will overhaul those. Second hand front rim has been sourced and is lazing around in hagons workshop for the next 6 weeks! Will have to start building my own wheels. I have give it a coat of paint but not the shiny stuff. This is a good time to do all the other jobs that need doing but really cant be asked. I'm going to practice the fine art of leaving it well alone unless its strictly neccesary.
Anyway, heres a pic.
Thanks

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Gone off ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 01:28:48 PM »
would that be a slightly? modified 550K3?

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 09:49:21 AM »
It certainly is a thing of great beauty.  I like your improvements.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 01:14:14 PM »
Well done for keeping it , it looks good almost a sort of milatary theme, get it sorted and enjoy it some more
Pete

Offline metalcatfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »
Thanks everyone  ;D
Yeah I do love her. Has anyone got any pics of a 550 kick start cos the one I have doesnt seem to fit properly. It fits the shaft, but just hits the footpeg rubber. Its got a curve on it and I think i need the straight one. its hard to source the correct bits for my bike seeing as its made of bits n bobs, Cb550k3 frame, cb550f1 engine with pd46 carbs. Cb750k7 front and back end. Incidentally the original rear rim fitted to this was a 17x2.5! Running a 17x130x80 tyre. Back on 18x1.85 now. Waiting for hagons to sort the front wheel out, have ordered a 325 dunlop k70 for the front. David silver's were good when it came to ordering parts, i just sent them dimensions and vague descriptions and I got the right bits. Cant deffinitely identify all of it though.
Thanks

Offline metalcatfish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 05:46:53 PM »
Mot'd today! yea!  ;D
Forgot how miserable it is not having a bike on the road, seems to play on my mind even if I dont fancy riding it.
Will have to spend a bit more on it but for now at least its kosher.
Cheers
jason

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 08:39:02 PM »
Congratulations, it's great to keep these old things up and running.  Have you sorted the kick start thing?

Offline metalcatfish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 09:50:10 PM »
Actually, Ive got a funny tale regarding my kick start issue. Which is no biggie anyway. Tried turning the kick start boss around 180 degrees to give me the extra clearance for the footpeg.
I did check that the head of the bolt wouldnt hit the clutch cover, by turning the lever by hand. It did. Not only did it slightly graze the cover it tore a bleeding great hole in it!
My clutch cover was seriously wafer thin!
Ahem, I laffed. Honestly, after all the aggro ive had with suppliers lately to go and break my own bike with nothing less than the power of stupidity made me crack up.
But its fixed now, and providing the new gasket doesnt leak should be good as new, (at least there's no bp style slick running down my drive, yet).
Thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal