Other Stuff > Desperately Seeking!!

Neutral Switch and Rear Brake Return Spring

(1/2) > >>

Raygun:
Hey there all,

I'm on the home straight with my CB550 build- though on diagnosing an always on neutral light- I found the neutral switch is broken. These seem really hard to find and I'm wondering if anyone has one in a parts bin or off a junk engine?

Also, I cannot seem to source a rear brake return spring that pushes the pedal back- does anyone have one or know of a good substitute? I'm actually looking for two, as I'm building 2 bikes

Thanks!

Laverdaroo:

--- Quote from: Raygun on September 15, 2021, 10:44:53 AM ---Hey there all,

I'm on the home straight with my CB550 build- though on diagnosing an always on neutral light- I found the neutral switch is broken. These seem really hard to find and I'm wondering if anyone has one in a parts bin or off a junk engine?

Also, I cannot seem to source a rear brake return spring that pushes the pedal back- does anyone have one or know of a good substitute? I'm actually looking for two, as I'm building 2 bikes

Thanks!

--- End quote ---
I’ve a spare neutral switch but off a 400/4 but I think it’s the same number and a nos rear brake spring, drop me a pm if interested mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryanj:
400 four switch is different.
Rear brake spring is rare but turn up on ebay occasionally frequently in us though so factor in postage and customs

Oddjob:
I was cleaning the shed out the other day and found one in a bag, used and TBH I didn't inspect it a lot but it looked complete. Also found the rotor in the same bag. I'll dig em out and have a look.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353543826449?hash=item5250daac11:g:VNAAAOSwpwVg5DCA

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353418762571?hash=item524966594b:g:BUIAAOSwMbxgTNa4

The bottom link is a very good breaker of CB500 and CB550 parts, his prices are competetive, cheaper than 2 wheel spares for instance and if you message him he has parts he hasn't bothered to list.

Bryanj:
Ken is correct about the lower link and its worth asking if he has 2, ive bought from him and he is good

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version