General > New Member Introductions

Hello from an old newbie.

(1/2) > >>

Mariner Wayne:
I registered on the forum a few years ago when the 1978 550 K3 was going to be a winter project. Anyway, I'm retired now and it will be a retirement project. (Trigger helped me out with a cam tensioner and I still owe him a beer)
I spoke to a guy at Waltham petrol station yesterday (15th Sept) on a beautiful 550 Super Sport and he suggested I have a look, so here I am.
Based in Louth, Lincolnshire, I had a 550K3 back in the late 70's and it took my girlfriend (now wife) and I on a cracking tour of Europe, hence the emotional desire to renovate the £390 unrecognisable K3 that became available a few years ago and now sits in many pieces in the attic.
If the guy from the petrol station makes himself known, I wouldn't mind meeting up again.
Current bikes are Ducati Multistrada and 916.
Happy days.

Nurse Julie:
Welcome back. Trigger says inflation has now bumped it up to 2 beers 😁😁😁😁. That was probably forum member Si you saw on the 550, he lives up that way, was it a Blue one?

Mariner Wayne:
Yes it was blue and absolutely stunning.
In terms of the beers can I claim a pensioner discount?
Is Trigger still at Mareham le Fen and still busy?

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: Mariner Wayne on September 16, 2021, 09:07:35 PM ---Yes it was blue and absolutely stunning.
In terms of the beers can I claim a pensioner discount?
Is Trigger still at Mareham le Fen and still busy?

--- End quote ---
Yes, it was Si Clark, Trigger built that 550 F2 and Si bought it from us a few months ago. We're still in Mareham and as busy as we want to be. Good to see you back on the forum. Pensioner discount no problem 😁😁😁😁😁

3scs:
Yes that was me I’m pleased you joined and yes we could meet for a ride sometime

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version