General > New Member Introductions

Evening all

<< < (4/4)

andy120t:
Welcome aboard - the 400 looks nice!

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: PX207 on September 30, 2021, 10:14:42 PM ---Just been catching up on your build thread Ted! Glad to hear you're recovering well. As you can see by the photos I think my bike has been given the cornstar treatment 😀

Regards Paul

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'm feeling quite well at the moment.

It's interesting that you have the Comstar wheels - when they first came out I thought they were a brilliant looking wheel - back in the day I would have fitted Comstar ones to make my bike look more modern. Now that I'm older except on a car it would be wire wheels of the period for a period vehicle. If it was my bike here is the oxymoron I would keep the Comstars.

I suspect it's like fashion in clothing - back in the 1960's I loved flairs and left drainpipes behind. My style for jeans for the last 20 years is Bootfit - not as easy to find today- but easier to get your foot into when you are doing the early morning one legged hop.

PaulC:
I too prefer the spoked rims, but as they cost a fortune I'm going with the cornstars and 250n forks for the moment and just repaint them. My plans aren't down the restoration route anyway, more of a cafe/brat style, I would rather use the budget on other parts and make it something I would like to ride.

Regards Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version