Other Stuff > Misc / Open

The Science Of Being Seen...

(1/2) > >>

ST1100:
Posting this here over missing a "riding techniques" chapter...

Some good reading, whilst they've omitted the "ignorant egocentrics" who will try to run you over on purpose...

https://www.devittinsurance.com/guides/motorcycle-features/the-science-of-being-seen/

MrDavo:
I’ve kept alive all these years by assuming that no one has seen me.

Kelly E:

--- Quote from: MrDavo on October 19, 2021, 07:12:17 PM ---I’ve kept alive all these years by assuming that no one has seen me.

--- End quote ---

Yep, ride like you're invisible. 8)

andy120t:
Somewhere in the cupboard I have a Performance Bikes from the 90's with a 'Know your enemy' article...  Including things like 'farmerus muckus'  and a picture of a muddy tractor.. and 'mumus harrasedus' and a picture into a car with a distracted mum shouting at two kiddies.  However it's written it all keeps you focused and alert.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Reading the link about SMIDSY gave me a feeling of Deja Vous when I was 18 in 1966 I was a pilloin on my best mates bike when a tractor turned right as we were overtaking it - no signal but it was a risky overtake.

After 3 months in Hospital with a fractured left femur I was terrified that vehicles were going to pull out in front of me from side roads and such like to the point that I slowed down so much that they would! It probably saved my life in a strange way as my anticipation skills must have more than doubled that year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version