SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Carburettors

<< < (2/7) > >>

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Oddjob on October 20, 2021, 02:48:15 PM ---Why hasn't he sorted the actuating spindle out, he's clearly had them apart but put a rusty spindle back in place. Seems a little cheap to me for the price he charges.

Ohhh jinx

Oh and I don't think they are hard chromed, they mark and rust far too easily for that to be the case, I think they are satin chromed.

--- End quote ---

My 400/4 Gerben ones,  which I must admit I bought from a member on here, not directly, work and look great but being picky:-
a) He used pattern brassware (I think he only fits original Keihin now though).
b) He silver painted the alloy link casting, which is not standard.
c) Some of the JIS screws were replated slightly nadgered ones.
d) He only fitted the plastic air-screw covers to the two  outer carbs.

Laverdaroo:

--- Quote from: Sesman on October 20, 2021, 02:46:07 PM ---This was my effort on the 550. I prefer mine slightly as they retain the original yellow passivate finish. The real headache is the pivot bar, which is prone to corrosion and was originally hard chromed. I just cleaned mine up and varnished it.

--- End quote ---

Nope, cant find any reference on ebay as a seller or anything, same on here only the three mentions above, must be me then ::)

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: Laverdaroo on October 20, 2021, 06:57:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sesman on October 20, 2021, 02:46:07 PM ---This was my effort on the 550. I prefer mine slightly as they retain the original yellow passivate finish. The real headache is the pivot bar, which is prone to corrosion and was originally hard chromed. I just cleaned mine up and varnished it.

--- End quote ---

Nope, cant find any reference on ebay as a seller or anything, same on here only the three mentions above, must be me then ::)

--- End quote ---
gerbenhilly@hotmail.com
His full name is Gerben van der Meer and he is in Almere Holland.

Laverdaroo:
Thanks Julie ;) 8)

Sesman:
Yep, that’s him. Decent bloke to deal with IMHO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version