SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

500 gearbox bearing

<< < (2/2)

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: oldboy on October 21, 2021, 07:27:35 PM ---Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it's the other side 91002 283 003, but depending on price I could replace both as it would be in bits anyway!!

--- End quote ---
I will get Graham to look at a 500 gearbox tomorrow to see if we can work out if we have the one you need in stock. I'll get back to you tomorrow evening. I do know that these grooved bearings are getting to be a nightmare to source, genuine or otherwise. I know all our usual suppliers haven't got stock.

oldboy:
Many thanks, appreciate you help.

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: oldboy on October 21, 2021, 07:44:07 PM ---Many thanks, appreciate you help.

--- End quote ---
Sorry for the delay in replying. Unfortunately we do not have the bearing you need in stock.

oldboy:
Thanks very much for looking.

oldboy:
I'm thinking it's on it's way as there seems to be quite a whining from that side when under load, could be the bearing or a worn gear. It's not the chain as the noise goes when you pull the clutch in and freewheel. I would like a bearing in my hand before stripping the motor and finding that none are available. There are some out in Germany at silly money plus silly postage. A very last resort.!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version