Author Topic: Alternator cover.  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Sesman

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Alternator cover.
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2021, 08:52:53 PM »
Full marks. An easy one really, but I’ve lost the ‘before’ pic for the one on the left. I’m not happy with the refurbished one and will be trying again, but I was surprised what a a bit of ‘grease’ could achieve.

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2021, 08:51:25 AM »
Decades ago these covers have been on offer for a while at a very low price. IIRC for less than € 10,-. Worldwide there must have been loads of them. I should have bought one, but... I had still mine. Then, later it came off en route, unnoticed ofcourse. It must still be lying around somewhere, hidden in the grass alongside some road. Nowadays these covers cost a fortune and I can't bring myself to buy one, just because I could have had it so cheap. I guess my hesitance to buy one now, is related to the 'fear of loss' syndrom, we humans all seem to suffer of.

Offline Sesman

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2021, 10:13:59 AM »
Get a knackered one and apply elbow grease.

Offline Sesman

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2021, 10:21:44 AM »
Apologies for the Millard Swiss knife. I’d used it for cleaning out the grooves. :-[

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2021, 08:29:15 PM »
These clips go bad. At least they did in my case. For years I had a wine bottle cork between the cover and the left hand crash bar. Stopped the vibrations. I guess I must have lost the cork and then the cover trembled loose and freed it self.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal