SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Maybe last opportunity to get best H4

(1/4) > >>

deltarider:
Some years ago Philips had already announced, the multinational would withdraw from the consumer goods market and gradually concentrate on medical equipment. You will still find consumer goods like televisions with the name Philips on it, but they are now produced by other companies that have bought the name. We can regret Philip's departure - the company has not only been a great innovator (compact cassette, CD to mention a few) but also has, from its very beginning in the 19th century shown an exemplary social responsibility. Workers and their families have been housed, were taken care off and their children were educated in schools, which was not the habit in those years. Workers could permanently educate themselves to a higher level. The result: the city of Eindhoven which nowadays is regarded as the silicon valley of West Europe. Personally I have had the pleasure, in my student years, to show films on Philips' legendary DP70 that came with aa hundred years guarantee!, btw, the only cinema projector that has been rewarded an Oscar. :)
Some 30 years ago I had bought the Philips Vision Plus H4, after it had performed best in a test, offering 30% more light than the competition. A truly excellent H4 that still serves in my headlamp. Just the other day however, I could not resist a later model, the X-treme Vision Moto, when it came on offer for a reduced price. Now one can argue € 13,50 instead of € 17,50 is still a hefty price, but who knows how much longer they will be obtainable. This H4 was especially designed for motorcycles and even riders on the fiercest trembling British bikes can rest reassured: after a ride your kidneys may have switched places, your Philips will still live, as it can withstand up to 10G! ;)

Seabeowner:
I've stuck with lower wattage bulbs as the 500s only had a max 50W light (dependent on market) and think of 50yr old wiring and switches. But having just had two incidents on the M4 where cars drifted across into me....maybe.
And they are £9.52 (11.26 Euros) from Amazon and my free Prime runs out in a day or two. If I fit will probably fit a relay to spare the switches.

deltarider:
Amazon is absolutely the opposite of the kind of enterprise Philips was and - who knows - maybe still is. ;D
I mean, when even our pensionfunds withdraw from Amazon (and Walmart), we know enough. I got mine from mailordercompany Louis. I also ordered a Dyneema* enforced pair of jeans (Vanucci Dyn) from them. Now for € 129,- (reduced from € 229,-)
*Dyneema happens also to be a Dutch invention. ;)

JezzaPeach:
Hi Deltarider
I have a Bosch Xenon 60/55, do you think the Philips X-treme +130 would be much hotter, or brighter? I’m just wondering if heat would be an issue. I see they also do a + 100.
I haven’t really tried the Bosch properly at night yet but I stopped using led as, for me at least with my lens, the dip pattern cut off wasn’t showing, but was nice and bright for being seen.
I think +10w is only +0.83amp?
Kind regards. J
(CB500/4)

heli_madken:
I followed Ken's  lead and bought the same LED, worlds apart from any Halogen and uses less power

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version