Other Stuff > Tricks & Tips

Internet Luddites.

(1/3) > >>

oldboy:
This is a "tip" for all us trusting, old internet Luddites. I posted a request on the " Honda classic" facebook site for the elusive gearbox bearing for my 500. To my surprise I got half a dozen replies from people that had them. All had unusual names and posted very brief comment. On checking their profiles, some had only just joined the site that day and others had friends in every country in the world and some had no profile at all. So a rat was smelt, even by an old fart like myself. Then one of the site administrators went through the lot and labelled them all as scammers. So being use't to all the genuine replies on this forum does not carry over to other sites. So all you trusting oldie be very aware when using other means to search for parts. Your never to old to learn!!!!!!!!!!

Nurse Julie:
I answered you on that site and I'm not a scammer 🤔🤔🤔🤔 🤔 🤔

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Another high risk place can be Facebook links and of course Autotrader - scammers work best when hidden in plain sight on trusted platforms.

SteveD CB500K0:
You seem to be confusing Facebook with a trusted platform…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldboy:
Nurse Julie is not an unusual name, and I do trust you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version