SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

CB550 F2 1977 frame question......

(1/8) > >>

Laverdaroo:
Evening all,

As the previous owner has hacked off pretty much anything of use I have the envious task of trying to revert the frame to accepting standard foot pegs and brake levers etc etc.
Would anybody be able to send me some shots and 'dims' of where the tube needs to be welded to take the brake rod arm (the one that attaches to the pedal via the splines?)

He's hacked it off along with all the associated hanging points for the rear brake switch and wires so Im on this completely blind and the Fiche doesn't show much of any use via CMSNL.

Could I be dead cheeky and ask for diameter  of the tube, thickness of material and some reference points with which to start?

I'm not in a huge rush as still collecting parts for the build, (massive thanks to eight0 ,(Adam) who sent some goodies this morning),
I've managed to get the f/rests and brackets, headlight, torq arm, stopper rod, spring and all the associated 'gubbins' for the rear set up so just planning what I need to get to put it all as it should be again.

The front end is sorted with all the extra bits needed to do a twin disc set up, haven't looked at internals yet its purely a plan for things I can see that need sorting as it's still tucked away in the shed and I can only see the O/S. I'll look at the motor once shes out but I'm on for a full 'case refresh' and bearing replacement, if thats whats required.

I'm waiting on an air box to come from the states for the 400 and I need to find of someone who can make me a connecting tube for the exhaust and then, apart from a few bits and bobs, shes done so I'm trying to get ahead of the game ready for the dark evenings.

It's a weird thing but when I buy a new bike or project, I'm always really looking froward to a new load of information, which generally starts with a new (to me) Haynes Liar. Because the 400 on is the same as the 550, I kinda feel cheated for some reason.
 ::) ;D ;D
When I finished the Ducati and got the 400 I was really chuffed with my new 400/4 book, weird I know, might be a hoarders thing having heaps of them on the shelf in the workshop or something?  :o
I hope its not a subconscious obsession to collect the whole set, I simply dont have the money for all those projects!!!!

Apologies for the epic! ;D

Cheers

Laverdaroo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Menno:
I think I still have the part behind the rear shocks lying around...

Laverdaroo:
which bit? The list is growing daily!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bryanj:
Therear brake light switch bracket is still there just above the oil filler, i think it bolts onto the engine bolt on that model,its the 500 that has it welded to the frame.
Only got 500 frame about so cant give any dims sorry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version