SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

I have done it again

<< < (6/6)

Tomb:
I must be odd, I seem to be the only one thinking "ooh great start for a resto"

Tank seems (without looking inside) useable/the right shape, as are the side panels, frame and swing arm look good and solid, engine looks externally in good nick, as are the carbs. The whole bike is complete and looked to have been a runner before it was laid up which is always a good start, a lot of bikes laid up for a mechanical problem that wasn't solved and the bike is missing something removed/lost.

In fact it looks good enough to free the engine off, oily rag wipe it and use as is for its excellent patina. I've done that with similar bikes. And I've restored much much worse, some needing whole frame sections welding up.

Just me then  :o ;D

Enjoy the resto Mick.

Laverdaroo:

--- Quote from: SteveD CB500K0 on October 28, 2021, 10:28:19 AM ---Resto thread to be called “Lazarus” please

That's PERFECT! ;D

Just looking at that swing arm, looks a little jaded but as a project, it's cock on, even the 'lump of Leggo' under the seat as a connector, bloody thing! Always get used as a 'CYJ' and get forgotten about. I always have an audible sigh when I see those on bikes Im playing with. Its' always a case of...."ere we go again" :-\ No doubt there'll be a new loom going on that or at least a thorough fettle repair/replace session or 5. Honest, if a little tired, little gem. Bit jealous tbh.
--- End quote ---

mickwinf:
Had a look at it a bit closer today, rubbed at some of the rusty bits on the frame and swing arm and not as bad as it looks, will clean up ok, rims are shot but will be replaced anyway. Wiring has been messed with so will probably replace, carbs open and shut. I took out the spark plugs and filled with diesel just in the hope it will free the engine, we will see!

Laverdaroo:
You're a rotter Ken ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version