SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

The rebirth of Lazarus

<< < (75/83) > >>

Bryanj:
Go to Ash's emporium and look up the 3 phase charging system document that explains how the whole system works, plus ring me tonight and i will give you some testing to do

mickwinf:
This morning I rechecked the connections and found a bad contact, sorted that then checked the voltage regulator which turned out to be ok, even tried a spare with no luck. the battery seems to hover around 11.5 volts when engine is running and does not increase with revs. rectifier tests out ok, again tried a spare with no change. not sure what to do next, any ideas?

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
What is the voltage across the battery terminals with the ignition off?
Looks as if the alternator is not putting out any charge for it to drop to 11.5 volts when running.

I know now't about testing the alternator itself even after I have read the manual. In my case Impedence is a measure of my Ignorance.

Addendum:

I have had experience of electrical windings as in the coils/field windings absorbing damp and even recovering over time as they dry out. I know it's the often repeated mantra but good earthing & good electrical connections are a must.

Seabeowner:
I've been lucky and all my rebuilds have charged fine. But your problem is not uncommon.
The goto in the US is Twotired.
Link to his post.
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=118474.0

Bryanj:
I am at work now and tomorrow night if you want to ring, after that not till next friday

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version