SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

The rebirth of Lazarus

<< < (78/82) > >>

Bryanj:
Have you still got points or is it electronic?

mickwinf:
Hi Bryan I am on points. Just checked my fuel flow and discovered there is an airlock in tank.when fuel turned on no petrol came out of the tap until I opened the cap. The cap is brand new from silvers but maybe the vent hole is blocked? I have put my old one back to try. Also trying to vac sync my carbs but no 3 not playing ball, adjustment of screw does not seem to have any effect.hope to get a bit of time to experiment over weekend.

davidcumbria:
I had same problem. Took the cap apart - some kind of seal,had shifted and was blocking vent hole

mickwinf:
well that went well, not. Left the ignition on overnight, charged up and went for a short ride and going better and kept going until i stopped to investigate a noise ( chain catching on centre stand )  and then would not start. Also clutch slipping very badly. My partner had to come and jump me off ( no tittering at the back!). ho hum more to do, although its the original clutch so probably well past its best.

Bryanj:
More likely the worm mechanism stif or cable route, i severely abused a 500 clutch for years making it slip at take off but was still in spec and if used normaly worked fine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version