Author Topic: Honda Service Tester capacitor/condenser tester voltage?  (Read 3354 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Honda Service Tester capacitor/condenser tester voltage?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2022, 12:40:29 PM »
Somewhere on here,  I pointed out the 1960's JIS 'dynamic' test for condensers, as mentioned in the CB450K0 Black Bomber manual. it's much more involved than the Honda tester shown, which tests at a static 200 ish volts DC. As far as I kno the Kawasaki tester does not test condensers.

All of the old Honda condensers I have tested show ell above 5 megohms, even when tested at 500v statically but when you do the continuously repeated test on my insulation tester, some show much lower resistance than others. Funnily enough, the best results I got so far is on a pair of 'Made in Japan' stamped Daiichi condensers bought new from Silvers in around 2010. They read bang on the correct capacitance and read infinite resistance even at 500v test voltage applied repeatedly. Having said that the JIS test is done at elevated temperature.

Sorry about the pic .. not a very clear one .. only just about legible.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal