Author Topic: Today's Ride out (yarn time)  (Read 2006 times)

Offline PMK

• SOHC Member
  • Destroyer of Fine Motorcycles & Idiot for Hire
    • View Profile
    • Karpettiger Maine Coon Cats
Today's Ride out (yarn time)
« on: April 11, 2010, 06:04:19 PM »
Well today was mostly a ride out sort of day. There was a meet in Leicestershire for a n other message board I frequent so it was rude not to go especially with the weather so nice today.

It started badly with a no start from my 750F2 when it did run there was a nasty rattle from the points cover. On remaoval it was the points cam that had come adrift. I'll be putting a nyloc on that ASAP. Anyhow I met up with the guys I was riding with at the Black Cat Roundabout. We made for a strange convoy as it was me up front (sat nav  ;D) with a R80/7 Bimmer, A streetfightered Guzzi and an Egli Vincent. The ride was great aside from a clench moment at the A14 J1 for Welford. A luverly sweeping left was being enjoyed until suddenly the road turned a dusty brown. There was building site access on the apex, it was a case of clench and hope for the best.

Here's a few of the bikes seen with a Japanese flavour

More in the next message
He who breaks something to see how it works has left the path of wisdom and become an engineer

Honda CB750F2 1978
Harley Sportster 883 1999
Matchless G80 1960

Offline PMK

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Ride out (yarn time) Part the Second
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »
More bikes that may interest you

CAUTION : MAY CONTAIN BRITISH AND ITALIAN BIKES
Morini 500

Gilera CX

My mates Guzzi

The Egli Vincent

More in thye next one
He who breaks something to see how it works has left the path of wisdom and become an engineer

Honda CB750F2 1978
Matchless G80 1960

Offline PMK

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Ride out (yarn time) Part the three
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 06:16:10 PM »
CAUTION MORE OLD BIKES
A Ner-a-car

Fabulous bike this it was owned by an old fella who used to ride it a lot. The machine is so stable you ride it hands off all the way down to just under walking pace. He used lap Mallory at the Festival of !000 bikes with his arms crossed in front of him. Sadly no longer with us as of last year but his son is riding and enjoying it as he would have wished. It has a CVT system so there's no gearchanging.

A nice Aermacchi Harley Davidson

After a pint and a half of Everard's Tiger and a scrummy bacon and egg baguette it was time to leave.

A nice day out I hope you all enjoy the pics

Honda CB750F2 1978
Matchless G80 1960

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Ride out (yarn time)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 07:14:19 PM »
Great pictures thanks for taking the time to share them, it has been a good week for motorcycling with the weather , i was out riding a few of my bikes this weekend and saw lots of bikes everywhere, the sunshine and dry roads is tempting out all the old classics as well
Pete

Offline Yoshi823

• SOHC Pro
  • Biker to the bone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 11:40:05 PM »
In the background of the Gilera CX there's a CB750F2 with polished alternator cover that i'm surprised that you didn't get a picture of...

But as far as the weather was concerned, it also brought out the unmarked plod bikes as my brother got done for 55 in a 50. I bet the coffers are bulging at the moment, with the promises of more to come if we have a good Summer...
Bikes...they're in the blood.
Yamaha R1 2001
Yamaha FZR1000R EXUP 1990
KTM 450 EXC RFS 2004
Honda XR400R 1997
Honda CB125T2 1980
Yamaha FJ1200 3XW 1991

Offline PMK

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 12:36:32 PM »
The F2 with the polished cover is mine.

Et voila !!!

Honda CB750F2 1978
Matchless G80 1960

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal