SOHC.co.uk Forums > The Black Bomber Board

1968 CL450 K0 - light recomission

<< < (2/6) > >>

JamesH:
So I missed quite a few photo steps - but basically the whole bike was stripped down to the engine / frame.

Bronze swingarm bushes fitted (identical arrangement to the CB750), headstock bearings replaced, frame cleaned / touched up in places, wheels cleaned, engine deep-cleaned.

All of the chrome parts were hand-polished and nothing was re-zinced, just cleaned / de-rusted.

Engine covers were removed and polished. Fork lowers, brake plates and top triple tree also being polished.

This is the result after hours and hours of cleaning and re-assembly (chipping away at it).

Menno’s repainted side-covers refitted..

This was the point I realised it was going to look waaay better than I had anticipated..

Bryanj:
James you put the rest of us to shame, as usual. You really can go off people you know!

JamesH:

--- Quote from: Bryanj on December 04, 2021, 08:52:57 PM ---James you put the rest of us to shame, as usual. You really can go off people you know!

--- End quote ---
Hardly Bryan, but thanks for the compliment..

JamesH:
This is the current ‘state of play’ today, bringing the thread up to date.

Front end back on, fork lowers were polished.

New fork seals, original gaitors cleaned, top triple and clamps polished.

Fork ears repainted (managed to find a NOS LH ear from DSS in primer).

Seat test-fitted.

Need to make some minor wiring repairs and hope to have her buttoned-up and back up and running sometime next week.

AshimotoK0:
Looks fantastic James and love the original 'crocodilely' seat top vinyl. I once had a really lovely SS125 seat with that pattern on the top and gold piping. I assumed it was either NOS or dealer take off but I later discovered ( :D) that Leightons in Brum had done it .. I have seen their adverts in magazines but didn't realise they did Honda seats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version