Author Topic: XL250S Year Of Manufacture Confirmation  (Read 973 times)

Offline sandy59

• View Profile
XL250S Year Of Manufacture Confirmation
« on: December 14, 2021, 04:10:11 PM »
Hello, first post but hopefully more to come.

I recently imported an XL250S from Ireland that I need to re-register in the UK. The DVLA require proof of it's year of manufacture which isn't on any documentation I have.
On the attached picture of the plate on the frame, I was wondering if the 78 on the bottom right section does actually refer to the year it was built ??
Would seem about right to me but just keen to know if this is actually the build year or not, if anyone knows for sure ??

Thanks.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: XL250S Year Of Manufacture Confirmation
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 04:34:57 PM »
According to this site https://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_XL250 the frame number is from a 1978 model. However I doubt whether the DVLA would accept that, maybe Honda Owners Club would be able to help as they supply the DVLA with age related queries AFAIK.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline sandy59

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 05:08:21 PM »
According to this site https://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_XL250 the frame number is from a 1978 model. However I doubt whether the DVLA would accept that, maybe Honda Owners Club would be able to help as they supply the DVLA with age related queries AFAIK.

Thanks for that, I thought it was a 1978 bike, and yes they did say they would accept confirmation from an official forum or club I think, Honda Owners Club probably best as you say.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 05:53:09 PM »
Or VJMC and DVLC definately will not accept the vin plate only

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal