SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Honda CB750K5 Restoration by Royhall

(1/79) > >>

royhall:
Don't blame me you voted for this, well, except for OddJob. Steve can you block OddJob from this thread, thanks. ;D ;D

The bike hasn't actually arrived yet and is at present in a container in Valencia, Spain. It has just been loaded onto the ship MSC Sandra after doing it's Atlantic leg on the MSC Maria Elena. For those of you with absolutely bugger all to do this is the container tracking number   #TRHU7426738

The bike was actually bought off eBay via a well known outfit called Flashback Enterprises. This felt like taking a bit of a chance as the money had to be paid upfront via bank transfer (MoneyCorp). There is absolutely no safety net in that way of payment, except for a few clauses in the MoneyCorp transfer agreement. But I decided to take a chance as they came recommended by a member on here as well as other places. They also have very good feedback on eBay.

Before buying I asked a lot of questions via email and got good answers except for a few he didn't know the answer to. When you look at the pictures it is clear the bike has been apart and a few parts are loose. The engine has been out and put back in? The big question he couldn't answer was, has it had a chain break and broken cases. So I just had to take a chance on that.

It looks rough as it is, but try to look at it that the exhausts would have been rotted out, the seat knackered and the paintwork needing redoing anyway. So a set of replica pipes, a DSS seat, and a Yamiya tank set sorts the problem without any work involved.

The asking price on eBay was £1700 but he accepted an offer a bit lower than that so that was good. Looking at others for sale (and after visiting DK's in person) the present going price for a project is 3.5k to 4k. Then you still have to do the exhausts and paint etc so at £1500 it's not looking too bad. There will be additional port charges, VAT, NOVA, and delivery charges that amount to around £300. The way I look at that is the new exhausts and tank set are as good as free which is a good starting point for a project.

Here's some scary pictures: Steve, please don't block OddJob I was only kidding.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

AshimotoK0:
Will it be delivered to Barrow Roy?  ..pretty convenient for you if it is. That outfit looks pretty decent to me .. seems like you are cutting out the middle man. ( i.e. the likes of DK and Freddy ). I know a few people who have bought  projects from Summerbud and they sound pretty decent too.

royhall:
That is correct Ash, Barrow in Furness is it's destination port. The import agent does a delivery service at reasonable cost, so looks like a door to door transaction for £1800 ish all in.

For me that tank and side panels are toast, when you think that pictures usually hide the real bike that tank must be a turd. I really don't think they are worth the extensive work required to save them as new ones are available. The seat pan may be saveable and rebuilt, will have to look at it when it arrives. To be honest I will be very happy if there has been no chain break and the cases are good. I don't think the engine has been apart by the look of it, and all the fins are good. The seller says it turns over with compression and all gears engage so hopefully the engine may be an easy rebuild.

Here's a few more pictures:

SteveD CB500K0:
Ok Roy.

Oddjob is safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moorey:

Or track your ship real time.   https://www.myshiptracking.com/?mmsi=355305000

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version