Author Topic: Bit of eye candy for Ken (Oddjob) .. to stop him being grumpy.  (Read 1399 times)

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Bit of eye candy for Ken (Oddjob) .. to stop him being grumpy.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2022, 10:35:30 PM »
Nessi, had the tank under the engine and a Citroen alternator  behind the barrels, i used to work for Mead and Tomkinson inGloucester and had the privelidge to lay spanners on it once.
Never reliable for 24hr though

Offline Seabeowner

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2022, 10:52:57 AM »
Great collection there Ash. Look forward to the finished articles. We all had maybe better bikes as we got older but it’s the bikes (like the music) from our early days that leaves the biggest mark.
I would have to have a C110. Which spent most of it’s few months of ownership being rebuilt by Bert Fruin (who used to build his own tiny racers to use at the IOM, look him up) and an SS125 that I bought new and rode the 100 miles to see my gran that afternoon and all on a paper round at 16. Ok I borrowed a bit.

My K0 in A1 original green has a spare tank set in candy custom gold (by Menno) so similar thinking there.
Phil
1971  CB500K0  Candy Jade Green or Candy Gold
1973  CB500K1  Candy Ruby Red
1975  CB550F1   Shiny Orange
1978  CB550K     Excel Black

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2022, 11:12:28 AM »
Great collection there Ash. Look forward to the finished articles. We all had maybe better bikes as we got older but it’s the bikes (like the music) from our early days that leaves the biggest mark.
I would have to have a C110. Which spent most of it’s few months of ownership being rebuilt by Bert Fruin (who used to build his own tiny racers to use at the IOM, look him up) and an SS125 that I bought new and rode the 100 miles to see my gran that afternoon and all on a paper round at 16. Ok I borrowed a bit.

My K0 in A1 original green has a spare tank set in candy custom gold (by Menno) so similar thinking there.

When I bought my CB92,175 sloper and S90 there was also an option on SS125 and a C110  in bits. My mate Graham Curtis bought the C110 and I opted for the S90, as it was the model I always wanted instead  of the C200 90 as a schoolboy. I didn't get the SS125 as it's basically the same as my CD125 (same frame, engine etc.) plus the exhausts are real rocking-horse poo. I did get one side NOS 'just in case I ever got a bike'  but I sold it on in the end. The key to finding parts for them is searching in Japan for CS125 model as it's basically the same as the SS but with different mudguards and a fully enclosed drive chain.

Attached is the French brochure shot of the CD125 (note the exact same engine as the SS125) the CD also has electric start.

Red candy paint costs a fortune on this bike (and the SS)  as it's also on the frame, swinging arm etc.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:14:48 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal