Author Topic: Ow do from The Shire  (Read 2322 times)

Offline ebmbiker

• View Profile
Re: Ow do from The Shire
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2022, 01:24:28 PM »
I have had excellent service from CMSL and quick delivery - don't forget any import duty (lots of threads on this subject).
Dave Silver sources parts from them sometimes

Cheers philward,

I can't find the brown shells anywhere else, so I'll get them from CMSL. Even though it's going to be a pricey affair. I'll get all the other bits I need for the engine rebuild from David Silver.

Cheers, JB
"Fast Beat The Feet!"

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2022, 01:32:15 PM »
Ring Silvers, they may source them from CMSL for you saving you postage. (if you are buying other stuff from Silvers anyway)
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 03:00:33 PM »
Second that, order from DS if your getting parts anyway.

Have you checked the big end shells yet? most likely ok but worth looking. The bolts are reusable but you need a very thin walled socket to get them off/on, we usually just grind an old socket down until it fits.

Check all the roller bearings, see if they feel or run notchy.

BTW, did you see the Vintage Voltage programme on last week, they put a Tesla 450bhp electric engine in a Porsche (think it was a 911), fully converted it to electric. Took it round the Anglesey race track and it beat the petrol version.

Always worth an ask on here before ordering parts from DS, sometimes members have new parts left over and will sell them on for less than DS.

Also don't order until you need the parts, trawl ebay first, you can pick up some of the parts FAR cheaper than DS. I bought 2 brown shells just 5 days ago.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2022, 03:51:43 PM »
"BTW, did you see the Vintage Voltage programme on last week, they put a Tesla 450bhp electric engine in a Porsche (think it was a 911), fully converted it to electric. Took it round the Anglesey race track and it beat the petrol version."

Did you see the cost though!! I could get my grandma round there faster than a std 911 with that much dosh  ;D

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2022, 03:58:29 PM »
I'm not sure they gave the cost or if they did I didn't hear it.

Very interesting conversion though, some truly talented people at the firm who did it.

I'd love to see your Grandma going round Valley BTW, some great head images of that one  ;D ;D ;D especially of you in the passenger seat cacking it and shouting "Slow down Nan for gods sake, I'm on my 2nd pair of undies"
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2022, 04:15:51 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Think it was over 100K on top of the car  :o

Did you see the bit where they said, we've got a problem with rear shocks hitting the motor ? Piece to camera from Moggi, "yeah we like a problem because we're engineers" "we like solving these things, just had to locate some circular spacers" que packing out the bottom of them with, ahem, washers.

We normally identified in the trade as "speed shims"  ;D

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2022, 04:16:57 PM »
Apologies to OP for thread drift, you'll get used to us though.  :)

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2022, 04:47:39 PM »
To be fair, me Nan was always faster over a 1/4 mile than me Grandma, especially if there was a sale on at C&A  ;D

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2022, 04:48:12 PM »
I have had excellent service from CMSL and quick delivery - don't forget any import duty (lots of threads on this subject).
Dave Silver sources parts from them sometimes

Cheers philward,

I can't find the brown shells anywhere else, so I'll get them from CMSL. Even though it's going to be a pricey affair. I'll get all the other bits I need for the engine rebuild from David Silver.

Cheers, JB

In the early days after leaving the EU  I found that CSML would not let me complete my spend until I had reached their then minimum order threshhold it was either £200 or £250 at the time.

Its a bit of a long shot but if you have the part number for the shells you want try googling that part number plus the same on e-bay - that is how I found most of my shells for a 400/4 ended up just buying one shell from DS I saved a lot of dosh that way.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2022, 05:08:45 PM »
"BTW, did you see the Vintage Voltage programme on last week, they put a Tesla 450bhp electric engine in a Porsche (think it was a 911), fully converted it to electric. Took it round the Anglesey race track and it beat the petrol version."

Did you see the cost though!! I could get my grandma round there faster than a std 911 with that much dosh  ;D
Have you seen the video's on youtube of the Tesla Plaid (sports version of on the their models - 1000+BHP!) drag racing ALL COMERS - nothing can beat it off the line (H2R beats it on roll on race)
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal