Author Topic: CB72 CB77 Main stand Return spring or Dimensions ... available in UK  (Read 1202 times)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Can anyone tell me the outside diameter and wire diameter on the CB72 / CB77 centre stand spring please, as in the library picture. Or does anyone in the UK have a spare one to sell me suitable for re-plating please?

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 03:49:16 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline rosco

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: CB72 CB77 Main stand Return spring or Dimensions ... available in UK
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 04:35:20 PM »
Hi Ash  Just measured the spring on my CA77  I believe its the same part number   The wire is 3mm  and the outside diameter 17mm
            Hope this helps    Ross

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 06:51:11 PM »
Brilliant .. thanks !     :)
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Woodside

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 08:20:12 PM »
Ash let me know dimensions
I've a few spare springs that I have no idea what they are off.
They have all been plated as I just bunged them in with everything else

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 08:35:48 PM »
Ash let me know dimensions
I've a few spare springs that I have no idea what they are off.
They have all been plated as I just bunged them in with everything else

Cheers ... also a guy on FB says he might have one. I guess from Ross's post its 17 coils x 3mm = 51 mm for the coiled length

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 09:07:12 AM »
I got this back from a guy on VintageHondaTwins forum:

"The CL77 spring which looks the same is 85 mm length and the spring is 18 mm thickness. The wire diameter is 2.6mm.
Part # 50522-268-000 was used on your bike along with the CL72 and CL77, so it is the same spring I quoted above in size".

I have got a spring 18mm OD & 2.6mm wire but a few turns too long so may have a go at shortening it.

Offline rosco

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 09:44:38 AM »
Hi Ash My measurements  are the wire thickness 3mm Diameter of spring 17mm Number of coils is 18 As the bike is on its stand i cannot accurately measure length  If you want this measure let me know and i will take it off measure and send you a picture   Ross

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 10:20:12 AM »
Hi Ash My measurements  are the wire thickness 3mm Diameter of spring 17mm Number of coils is 18 As the bike is on its stand i cannot accurately measure length  If you want this measure let me know and i will take it off measure and send you a picture   Ross

I think the CA77 is a different part number to the CB72/77 Ross  .. but still investigating. Looks similar though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal