Author Topic: What's the next part where the price will go through the roof?  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: What's the next part where the price will go through the roof?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2022, 02:53:08 PM »
How long was she off work for, my missus is worried about finances etc. She's in a sit down job mostly but doesn't involve a fair amount of walking and climbing stairs. I said it could be some months and maybe that's why she's worried.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: What's the next part where the price will go through the roof?
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2022, 03:30:56 PM »
How long was she off work for, my missus is worried about finances etc. She's in a sit down job mostly but doesn't involve a fair amount of walking and climbing stairs. I said it could be some months and maybe that's why she's worried.
Wendy has a desk bound job as a Dr's receptionist but it also involves going up & down stairs regularly. She booked 3 weeks holiday from the date of going into hospital returning to work at week 13.  Doing it this way meant she was only off work for 10 weeks so her sick pay reduction was not activated. Without the stairs she could have returned at 6 or 7 weeks she tells me. It's dependent on many factors as well as doing the exercises, sleeping with a pillow between her legs, plus not getting an infection. Self  injecting with Heparin at home for 4 weeks or whatever they prescribe is easier to do than it looks. (I speak from recent experience when I had a kidney removed it was easy & painless to self inject into my belly fat)  My neighbour Andy had a hip replacement just over a year ago he is 74 and was walking his dog after 3 weeks! Different Consultants do different approaches to the hip replacement. Although entry scar sites might all look similar some go for side entry some rear when doing the bone cutting etc depending on factors I do not understand. It's related to muscle cutting and socket retention. Wendy had the young persons hip parts so the seat can be replaced if she lives to a ripe old age. Wendy's Consultant was old school so although the external scar is mainly on the side of her hip he worked from the rear to reduce cutting of the muscle that holds the hip bone in place. The recovery was longer but chance of the joint falling out is reduced. Nurse Julie might be able to correct my version of what's involved.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 04:14:48 PM by McCabe-Thiele (Ted) »
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal