SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

PROJECT HONDA CD175A (SLOPER)

<< < (2/31) > >>

AshimotoK0:
Nice find will keep you busy  Paul.
I got my 1st one in the same colour (Black Metallic / Lava Grey code XE) in 1972... great bike ..OKH 531F

My current one is Neptune Blue metallic and was one of the two Honda UK press bikes and was reviewed in MotorCycle magazine in 1967 OLA 4E  (see link)... OLA 5E was the other Press bike pictured outside the Chelsea Drug Store (K2-K6 found the pic of OLA 5E.

Sloper 1967 magazine reviews:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmj1fju95l8xbtj/CD175%20Sloper%20Reviews.pdf?dl=0

Here is mine 'as found' looking well worn and sporting tatty Honda CB92 silencers. it's gonna be like Triggers Broom when finished as most cycle parts are NOS (exhausts, wheels, seat tank,guards etc but correct numbers though).

Rare parts you have are the rubber air chamber, grab-rail and bottom chain-guard as it's the bottom half that is usually missing.

AshimotoK0:
Pics for you Paul of a my NOS sloper ----230---  centre stand.

Paul is looking for one or one similar to modify.

Message for Sesman ... Lemon is waaaay past it's sell-by-date. The bar-maid in the pub gave it to Cathy to lighten her hair with but it's been left rejected and forlorn  ;D

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

AshimotoK0:
Probably not an issue to you Paul but I don't think your side stand is correct. It was pressed steel, not tubular.
I think the C92 one was similar .. I have both so I will check later.

You can just make it out in this original period advert  :)

Note also the black painted grab rail .. although they were later chromed.
The bike in that advert is the actual one I own !!

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

AshimotoK0:
Sorry .. but C92 is longer than CD175A sloper ..probably had 17" wheels not 16"

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

paul G:
Tare down started  :D hopefully get the frame etc off to be stripped next week.
Still looking for the missing bits if anyone has them and are willing to part with them.
Also looking for the top left fork cover (ear).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version