Author Topic: Question to people who have vapor honed their engine  (Read 1464 times)

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Question to people who have vapor honed their engine
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2022, 08:38:45 PM »
The 2 holes you've marked on the gearbox bearing areas are blank holes for the dowels which locate the bearings. A quick blow with an air gun will clear those I reckon, no need to blank them.

My god, of course it is. I knew that already - don't know where my head was at thereā€¦  :o

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2022, 08:41:24 PM »
Yup, all it takes is 1 tiny particle left and you wreck a crank journal, its why i dont do jobs where the cases need painting

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2022, 07:27:20 AM »
Dont forget the holes at the oil filter and oil pump plus the gallery where the blanking plug does behind the generator cover

In regards to the last one, are you talking about the gallery that feeds the main bearings for the crankshaft?

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2022, 07:32:52 AM »
Yes, a screwed in cap at points end and a plug with O ring held in by generator cover at other

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2022, 10:22:11 AM »
Yes, a screwed in cap at points end and a plug with O ring held in by generator cover at other

Perfect, thanks, got those. Actually think I got all of them now! Hope so anyways  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal