Author Topic: Oil Pipes Dressing  (Read 893 times)

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
Oil Pipes Dressing
« on: March 26, 2022, 11:35:11 AM »
Recently I renewed my A & B Oil pipes with a couple of high quality SS Crimped pieces from Germany. And very nice they are… but not with the black braided OEM look.

In our local Jaycar they have a black heat-shrink weave wrap which looks the part, and today I gave it a try with great results. The two ends I overcut by a couple of mils, tucked it under the crimp skirt with a blunt screwdriver, and applied more heat. Very pleased.

Will be a while before they stand the test of time, but the weave is robust (0.7mm thick) and will surely be aided by the heat of the pipes. I’ve done the same trick on a Kombi breather hose 1+ year ago - it still looks fine.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Oil Pipes Dressing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 06:38:50 PM »
Have been discussing the problems with oil hose on the USA forum. Pipes too thick, pipes that kink and pipes that are not suitable  >>> http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,189424.0.html

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
Re: Oil Pipes Dressing
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 09:06:43 PM »
Wow, as someone commented there, how can it be so complicated? In my case these 2 SS braided German pipes have been on the bike 2 years, can be (just) routed with no chaffing, and have performed faultlessly. Fingers crossed should have no issues.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal