Author Topic: Rear brake actuator arm  (Read 2991 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Rear brake actuator arm
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2022, 10:09:44 PM »
Sorry Ken but I prefer the NOS one all day long. Honda chrome never looked like the  'blingy' chrome that most UK chromers do.
But it's all a matter of taste and very difficult to get chroming companies to replicate the original finish ... closest I ever got was Allenchrome but they won't do small jobs any more AFAIK. I feel exactly the same about mirror polished alloy on Honda's. On a custom bike or chopper possibly but on a restored to original Honda ..no.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2022, 12:34:17 AM »
Your right Ash, it is a matter of taste and you ain't got none  :) :)

I wouldn't mind if all Honda chrome was consistent, mudguards like that lever chrome and you'd have been complaining to hell and back, some is bright and how it should be and some is dull as dishwater and no one says hang on, that's a crap finish mate.

We had some Suzuki tanks coming out of the crates with sand under the paint, just because it comes like that doesn't make it right. To me it smacks of that's how it was and that's how it's got to be, again no offense but I can find loads of 750K0s and they all look the same, I'd much sooner one showed some individuality as all the same is boring. I think that's why stuff like Rickman and Phil Read reps are so popular, they don't look the same as the rest.

You think chroming companies won't do it because it's not bright chrome, I think they won't do it because it isn't really chrome at all, chrome is like lacquer, it's transparent, what you see is the undercoat, usually nickel., god knows what is under that lever arm. If they gave customers a finish like that back they'd go out of business quick I reckon.   
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2022, 09:33:03 AM »
Ha ha .. you are wrong Ken .. even Covid couldn't rob me of my sense of taste ;D....horses for courses and all of that ..  got to agree on CB750s   too many show ponies out there now that they now have the yawn rather than the wow! Factor
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2022, 01:04:07 PM »
Well just to please you I'm going to have the brake arm finished in another way, if I'm right it will be semi shiny. We'll see how it comes out.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal