Author Topic: UK and Europe locked out of Yahoo Japan and Auctions from today  (Read 1182 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Bad news on Yahoo Japan ..they have locked UK and Europe out recently so we can no longer get access from today to Yahoo auction site. I managed to get access by changing my VPN to Tokyo, Japan and I can click on items that come up but if I try to search the screen just goes blank. I then tried a few hours later and managed to get in but  I fear my days of getting bits on Yahoo Japan maybe coming to an end if I can't search. There is no eBay in Japan.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: UK and Europe locked out of Yahoo Japan and Auctions from today
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 08:30:59 PM »
When I did get access I saw this .. never seen one before and looks pretty cool.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 10:49:41 PM »
I think that's an edition of this one Ash

A GB 250 Clubman, single cylinder 250 with radial 4 valve head as far as I recall.  Always thought it looks a very neat engine, especially aesthetically speaking.

Offline Laverdaroo

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 10:55:46 PM »
The Jap one is a lovely little thing, swap the lump for a SLR engine and that could be a right hoot on the right day. ;D
 Saying that I bet that's a great thing to scootch about on.
Mornings are the invention of the devil!

1977 CB550F (current money pit!!)
2002 VFR800 VTEC (The Beloved)
1977 CB400F (the last money pit!)
1998 Ducati 748\853 conversion(sold :()
1980 ish CB750KZ in a billion bits (need to get rid, anybody want one?))

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 11:25:42 PM »
Looks like they don't need the gdpr cost associated with it. Mrs K works in a government dept that has to look after that element in local education systems, it's very far reaching with many just not wanting to take it on.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2022, 11:28:32 PM »
The Jap one is a lovely little thing, swap the lump for a SLR engine and that could be a right hoot on the right day. ;D
 Saying that I bet that's a great thing to scootch about on.

Looks a bit frumpy in original form doesn't it, some are doing nice little racer type builds though

They make 31 BHP from a 250 single too  :)

Offline Laverdaroo

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 12:05:04 AM »
Really cute looking :)

Rather like those!
Mornings are the invention of the devil!

1977 CB550F (current money pit!!)
2002 VFR800 VTEC (The Beloved)
1977 CB400F (the last money pit!)
1998 Ducati 748\853 conversion(sold :()
1980 ish CB750KZ in a billion bits (need to get rid, anybody want one?))

Online Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2022, 10:19:47 AM »
That is really nice, love what they have done there.
Is this the same engine as used in the CBX250 of the 80's or was that just a four valve dohc head? There's one on ebay at the moment.
Somebody was selling a silver GB250 import at Kempton Park a couple of years ago, pretty thing but it had some bad tank damage.
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2022, 11:11:52 AM »
I think it is Dave, the same as CBX.

I think the head is a very handsome casting and looks a little like an old works racer in it's design and size. If they're not too much money you get quite an interesting base with those aluminium rims too. Or maybe for a rs conversion in lieu of a FT 500 type motor.

Development says it's based on a  XR 350 motor with the radial valve head flitted, more or less.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2022, 11:50:17 AM »
Ha ha  ;D ;D .. anyone got any comments about being locked out of Yahoo Japan!

I personally have got around it by setting my AG VPN to Tokyo, Japan.
this got me into Yahoo Japna and then the Yahoo Auction site. However, I I then entered anything into the search bar ..the screen just went blank. However, I have found if you click on one of the recommended featured items this brings up a search bar within the item listing. If you type your search  item into there....  voila you are up and running again searching from the UK.

But the Buyee /Jauce site (for people wishing to buy outside of Japan .. for a fee) still appears to work. However, some items on Yahoo auctions do not appear on the Buyee site.

Yahoo auction in Japan have been invaluable to me ... like I got my CB92 and CD125A NOS silencers from Japan and all of the parts for my JDM CB250K

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal