Author Topic: Donate button now back  (Read 1381 times)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Donate button now back
« on: April 19, 2022, 02:49:31 PM »
A bit of a faff (technical term) after the server rebuild but the Donations page is back.

Some may notice that it has changed a bit.

The original Donate button was part of a software suite called "Treasury" which allowed donations via PayPal and logged them (and displayed stats). This software is no longer supported by its authors and was a victim of the server change. It won't work on the new version of PHP and there's nobody to update it.

So I have built my own Donate page on the info.sohc.co.uk site and linked it to PayPal in the same way.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline dianamine

• View Profile
Re: Donate button now back
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 03:11:07 PM »
A bit of a faff (technical term) after the server rebuild but the Donations page is back.

Some may notice that it has changed a bit.

The original Donate button was part of a software suite called "Treasury" which allowed donations via PayPal and logged them (and displayed stats). This software is no longer supported by its authors and was a victim of the server change. It won't work on the new version of PHP and there's nobody to update it.

So I have built my own Donate page on the info.sohc.co.uk site and linked it to PayPal in the same way.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 04:30:03 PM by SteveD CB500K0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal