Other Stuff > Misc / Open

My first ride on the 400/4 more like an Ealing Comedy!

<< < (4/14) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: Laverda Dave on April 20, 2022, 04:12:28 PM ---Great start to your 'Born again' years Ted.
Time to dump that 27 year old lid though :o. I always find AGV's fit my head just right, Arai's pinch my forehead. Tip if you wear glasses, put the lid on and then feed the glasses in then do up the chin strap, I dont know why but I cannot get my glasses on if I do the chin strap up first.
If you want comfort buy a heated jacket, they wire straight into your battery, get the one with sleeves the vest ones leave your arms cold! And if you can afford it get the controller for it, that way you can turn it up and down easily. I never have mine on above low, its as warm as toast. Mine is a Keis.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tips Dave didn't think an old Honda could cope with the load of heated clothing- I have to ask what's wrong with a 27 year old helmet is says BS6658 plus I paid extra for the airtex style leather lining.
Do they somehow loose there structual integrity with age?

smoothoperator:

--- Quote from: Moorey on April 20, 2022, 02:25:20 PM ---Eagerly awaiting the adventures of 2nd gear.. well done.  👍

--- End quote ---
Very funny, can't better that.  ;D

Oddjob:
I've got a heated under jacket which also accepts heated pants and gloves. The jacket is great, really warm, the gloves are fine but the pants are more like cowboy chaps, just a front with no back, they go onto your legs with velcro. I made the mistake of not wearing any long johns the first time I wore them and found the velcro was pulling all the hair off the back of my legs everytime I stopped at traffic lights, wasn't a nice experience.

I wore the jacket and gloves right through the winter of 2011 as I had to use the bike for a 30 mile commute to work, then 30 back. They were great. However that was on my 1300 and I severely doubt the 400 would cope with the extra demand although there is an uprated generator available which doubles the output. Costs around £500 though.

They reckon UV degrades the helmet but if it's been in a wardrobe it may still be ok. Just don't fall off and test it and you'll be fine.

Seabeowner:
Most entertaining, well done Ted. I have the hearing aid/glasses issue, It seems to take an age to get ready to go out for a bike these days.

Johnny4428:
Ted that’s a cracking report on the first outing albeit short which just added to the comedy. Made me chuckle. 🤣🤣🤣

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version