Author Topic: Honda 400/4 chain lubtrication is this IZUMI racing lubricant any good?  (Read 885 times)

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
I need to get some chain lubricant on my new DS Chain & Gears - I was given an almost full can of IZUMI Professional Chain & gear lubricant - I have never heard of it until today.

Is it worth using or is it old technology?
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Ted, we are all old technology, any lube is better than non and aerosol grease on a non O ring chain is fine

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Ted, we are all old technology, any lube is better than non and aerosol grease on a non O ring chain is fine

Thanks Bryanj makes me feel a bit Fred Flintstone.

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Well i'm in a good mood, just passed the treadmill test again and the whipersnapper of a consultant(40) said i did really good, so watch it out there as thats another 3 yrs of me piloting 44 tonnes on UK roads

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Great news we'll done. 👍👍👍

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Thought our medical was every year after 65 Bryan.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
The medicals are Ken, but after a "cardiac event" as they now call them you have to do an exercise ecg on a tredmill, or as i call it torture test, and that is every 3 yrs, we both know the medical is if you can stand, breath and see the wall you are probably ok.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Believe it or not Bryan but they held my license renewal off me for 6 months because and I kid you not here.

1. Because my blood condition can cause liver damage and I'd had 3 liver ultrasound scans and one stated quite clearly "Non Alcoholic fatty tissue" they needed to make sure I wasn't an Alcoholic, despite the fact I don't drink and haven't really done for years. Around 3 -6 pints a year is my regular intake and only on hot days when the missus likes to sit in the garden and have a lager shandy.

2. Because of work related stress, due to the effect of the condition (for which I'm now suing my old employer as my condition is classed as a disability) I was prescribed anti-depressants, I'm now off them, they were worried that I may be suicidal. Asked questions of my doctor like Has he ever been sectioned? admitted to a mental hospital, talked of suicide, is he bi-polar etc

I now have my license back but I'm unsure if I'll ever drive an HGV again, did over 40 years of it and frankly I don't miss it that much. Might do a little near Xmas for some pocket money, might not.

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Believe it or not Bryan but they held my license renewal off me for 6 months because and I kid you not here.

1. Because my blood condition can cause liver damage and I'd had 3 liver ultrasound scans and one stated quite clearly "Non Alcoholic fatty tissue" they needed to make sure I wasn't an Alcoholic, despite the fact I don't drink and haven't really done for years. Around 3 -6 pints a year is my regular intake and only on hot days when the missus likes to sit in the garden and have a lager shandy.

2. Because of work related stress, due to the effect of the condition (for which I'm now suing my old employer as my condition is classed as a disability) I was prescribed anti-depressants, I'm now off them, they were worried that I may be suicidal. Asked questions of my doctor like Has he ever been sectioned? admitted to a mental hospital, talked of suicide, is he bi-polar etc

I now have my license back but I'm unsure if I'll ever drive an HGV again, did over 40 years of it and frankly I don't miss it that much. Might do a little near Xmas for some pocket money, might not.

Not sure if it's poor staff training or just plain inconsistency but a friend of mine had some sort of black out whilst driving to work demolishing a neighbours garage and writing off his Volvo in the process.
Police investigated, his licence was revoked by DVLA whilst they investigated following medical history disclosure  & medical he got his licence back within 6 months.
He used to drive a lwd Sprinter Van doing long distance parts deliveries.

About a year later he blacked out again on his way to work writting off his Vauxhall when it hit a lampost on the central grass verge. This time they "thought" he had a TIA he kept his licence returning to work a few weeks later.

Thankfully he has now retired so just does SDP driving.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
That's not good Ted, 2 blackouts and that shows he clearly has a condition that they haven't found yet. Yet they still allow him to drive a car, that's an accident waiting to happen IMO.

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Honda 400/4 chain lubtrication is this IZUMI racing lubricant any good?
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2022, 04:06:32 PM »
That's not good Ted, 2 blackouts and that shows he clearly has a condition that they haven't found yet. Yet they still allow him to drive a car, that's an accident waiting to happen IMO.
I agree Ken he should never have been given his licence back after the first revocation. He did loose his HGV licence that he used when driving Fire Engines as a part time job.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal