SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

400/4 build. Paused due to other commitments. But starting up again

<< < (93/94) > >>

ComfySofa:
Oh cool....i think im missing the top left bit (and the o ring of course)!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295587103899

ComfySofa:
Post fiddling this evening I don't think the charging circuit is working as the munit registered 10.4v at 5pm this afternoon after it had been at work all day...something else to check tomorrow.!

ComfySofa:
Soooooooo, the charging might actually be working.... (im not sure) as theres an munit on it im leaving it on the optimate when its not being used....the checks ive done are....

Run the engine, stick a positive wire from the meter on the battery line.... and im seeing about 12.77v at tickover...if i blip the throttle i see it start to climb to about 12.8....not the usual jump id see from a modern bike...ie 12.5v  - blip the throttle then see it go to over 13v.

Again i grounded the black wire from the meter on the frame and stuck the positive in each of the yellow wires coming from the generator....im seeing about 1.6volts...is that right?

Anymore tests i can do?

Deano400:
I think Bryan did a write up on how to test the charging circuit. Thought it was in Aladins Cave but can't find it. I'm sure Brian will put me right if I'm mistaken.

ComfySofa:
Ooh - handy - ill see if i can find it...found a you tube video and ive got the 0.8 resistance between the coils so thats a good start...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version