Author Topic: Plug opinions  (Read 590 times)

Offline allankelly1

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Plug opinions
« on: April 27, 2022, 08:30:01 PM »
Quick question

Come back for a quick long high speed thrash and just doing a plug check and wondered if I am running  slightly lean or OK?

Nice clean electrode with a small amount of soot on the outer edges so think it look ok but would value another opinion

Best wishes Al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Plug opinions
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 08:44:25 PM »
Doesn't look bad to me, and if running/responding ok, no pinking etc, then appears to be all right.

If you're concerned about plug temperature, then you can go up a number (NGK + #) to get the tip running slightly cooler.

Offline allankelly1

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Plug opinions
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 09:06:03 PM »
Doesn't look bad to me, and if running/responding ok, no pinking etc, then appears to be all right.

If you're concerned about plug temperature, then you can go up a number (NGK + #) to get the tip running slightly cooler.
Thanks

It was just a check as after the winter lay up it refused to start and just flooded / had wet plugs so as a precaution did a normal carb clean and rebuild and after four new plugs fired up ok but like to do a plug check just to confirm all is ok and plugs seem cleaner than my check last year when I rejetted to 38”s for the pilots

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal