SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Unusual use of 400 four engine

(1/4) > >>

taysidedragon:
Here's a combination that I never thought I would see!
In this month's Classic Bike mag, a 400f engine squeezed into a Douglas Dragonfly frame.
It's nicely engineered,  but I can't help think, Why? The owner said he wanted the ease of electric start in a good handling bike. That's what he had with the complete 400f project bike that he bought off DS. 🤪

Sesman:
Wonder if he put the Douglas motor in the Honda? Would probably have had the same pointless attraction….

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Maybe the original engine was knackered and the electric start was a bonus / excuse.

Looks like the Honda bars were fitted! 🤔

Oddjob:
What's the betting the Douglas Owners club shun him for his sacrilege. He's made an old bike modern day rideable, what's not to like about that? probably better lights, better indicators (yep he used the Honda ones as well) and handling that suits him. Plus miles better brakes than standard, so whilst the other Douglas owners are going into the back of lorries he's staying alive and avoiding that as well.

Not mentioning the performance upgrade although TBH I don't know how good the original engine is but I'm betting it wasn't as quick.

Johnny4428:
Just looks wrong! Nice bit of work! Not the same flow with the down pipes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version