SOHC.co.uk Forums > Other Bikes

Electric Bikes - the future might be Tim Woolmers Yasa technology.

<< < (2/10) > >>

Oddjob:
Corona cherryade was lovely.

mike the bike:
My mum worked as a wages clerk at Corona and got me a temporary job which lasted 9 months.  I worked on the syrup room making up the ingredients that went into the pop. Something like 3100 litres of sugar syrup, 30 litre artificial flavourings, citric acid (which rotted my bike boots) sodium citrate,  sodium benzoate, E211, E110 etc and made up to 6000 litres with water.  The first pop I ever made was Cherryade, which I'm not a fan of.  The fitters used to come in to the syrup room to scrounge the odd litre of syrup in exchange for a handful of stainless nuts and bolts.  Before long, I had replaced most of the fasteners on my 550four with stainless.  Happy times working there.

Johnny4428:

--- Quote from: mike the bike on May 25, 2022, 10:17:42 AM ---My mum worked as a wages clerk at Corona and got me a temporary job which lasted 9 months.  I worked on the syrup room making up the ingredients that went into the pop. Something like 3100 litres of sugar syrup, 30 litre artificial flavourings, citric acid (which rotted my bike boots) sodium citrate,  sodium benzoate, E211, E110 etc and made up to 6000 litres with water.  The first pop I ever made was Cherryade, which I'm not a fan of.  The fitters used to come in to the syrup room to scrounge the odd litre of syrup in exchange for a handful of stainless nuts and bolts.  Before long, I had replaced most of the fasteners on my 550four with stainless.  Happy times working there.

--- End quote ---
Loving the trade off! Syrup for nuts.😂😂

K2-K6:

--- Quote from: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on May 25, 2022, 09:39:34 AM ---Love the schematic model you posted.

--- End quote ---

Quite a neat representation isn't it, just found it when browsing topic.

Technically a electric vehicle too as all traction was indirect via generating set, using "train petrol" though as energy scource  :)

Lobo:
Ted, I’m going to hazard a guess you’ve never driven a modern EV…. and my next guess, that when you do, & if with an open mind, you’ll be blown away.
And have got very excited about it all….

Just this week have seen 2 YouTubes with Clarkson & Hammond driving the Tesla Model X on separate occasions. Both were in absolute awe of the car; Hammond was on the verge of buying. Clarkson’s clip included a 1/4 mile standing start versus an Audi RS8 - which he won.
You’ve got to bear in mind the boggling ICE experience of these guys, and the inescapable fact that they’re petrol heads.

My missus has a BMW i3 - a wee & un-special town car. It does 0-60 in 7 secs, and with no effort, will always be first away from the lights - you just can’t help yourself. No noise, no kerfuffle… it’s almost embarrassing.

A version of the Tesla S is the fastest accel production car at 0-60 in 2.2 secs, and with a claimed range of 400 miles. Even if it’s 300 I’m impressed…

My CB750 engine is currently in multiple ziplock bags and boxes on garage shelving. As an EV owner my mind is sharpened as to just how heavy and unnecessary it all is; so many moving bloody bits. And it doesn’t have turbo chargers, radiators, pumps… crap.
And that Napier design Nige - cunning… but dear god the complexity.

Appreciate this is going to fall mostly on deaf ears, but honestly, EVs are like iPhones to old Nokias; once proper infrastructure is in place we’ll all wonder how ICEs lasted into the 21st century.

(full disclosure - live in a sunny climate with 13kW of solar panels, haven’t had a fuel bill in 3 yrs. Next service is for a Cabin filter change… last service was the wipers 😂)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version