Author Topic: cb750 k0 seat  (Read 537 times)

Offline ogre

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
cb750 k0 seat
« on: May 25, 2022, 02:55:55 PM »
hi all having a clear out and thought i would post it here before goin on ebay.this is the seat that came of my 1970 cb750 k0  or just cb750 frame no 1037*** years ago.i'm saying this because there is a bone of contention on what came with the in between cb750 from sandcast to k1.anyway i think its original the foam is pink in the centre underneath and all pink on top but no ducktail unless the foam has flattened ha.original pan had it powder coated years ago with rest of parts,rubbers (one missing as you can see),original hinges,trim.i cant remember if the catch is original might have put it another ductail seat i sourced and used.i say this cos i bought quite a few spares for my bike and it looks like it has been fettled with a bit at the end.it has original strap which looks like i re chromed with the rest of bike.original strap screws (tatty)its got original aluminium rivety things for trim all there but only got 3 original starlock washers and one z1 original rectangle side panel badge washer(worth £500 on its own ha) just to hold it on so need another 7.the cover is repro that i bought for the other seat didnt like so i got one from yamiya.as you can see the logo on it is about 7mm out on the twonk to the top bead so i have just fitted to this seat.3 of the hinge screws are original the rest i got out of my little box of spares.sos for waffling but wanted to try and explain what you are buying someone might be able to confirm or not whether they did fit these to the k0 i don't know.pretty rare in this nick £150 plus post.p.s. Just realised dont think the spring belongs to the seat got it from my spares box must of got it with other spares i bought years ago.
cheers trev [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 08:32:45 PM by ogre »

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: cb750 k0 seat
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 04:37:31 PM »
You should get your £150 no problem......a refurbed seat will be much more expensive. I bought one but it wasn't that brilliant TBH.....as the cover seemed a bit on the cheapo side.

I always liked the Ducktail seat so when I asked 'Bob the seat' to refurb my K4 Seat (after he did a great job of my Suzuki GS750 seat), I asked him to recover it 'a la Ducktail' and I was really pleased with it.

He also sells replacement Straps & the Chrome Buckles (and the Chrome Trim), if you want to add the finishing touch.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal