SOHC.co.uk Forums > Other Bikes

My 2 non Hondas

<< < (2/2)

taysidedragon:
Well done Dave. I hope the bike doesn't let you down on your trip.
Are you coming over to the East Coast, Dundee, Angus glens, Arbroath area on the journey? The Davidson Legacy cottage is over here, where Mr Davidson grew up before moving to Yankeeland. A big pull for H-D fans.

MrDavo:
Not this time TD, we went over your side when we did the NC500. We're going up to Oban, then its a 4 hour ferry out to the most southerly part of the Hebrides and then we work our way North. Coming back to Ulapool from Stornaway, then back south again.

I didn't know about the Davidson heritage, when we went to do the NC500 we found Aviemore was full of HDs, the Thunder in the Glen rally. Nowhere to stay so we pushed on but it did look fun.

taysidedragon:

--- Quote from: MrDavo on June 02, 2022, 05:22:21 PM ---Not this time TD, we went over your side when we did the NC500. We're going up to Oban, then its a 4 hour ferry out to the most southerly part of the Hebrides and then we work our way North. Coming back to Ulapool from Stornaway, then back south again.

I didn't know about the Davidson heritage, when we went to do the NC500 we found Aviemore was full of HDs, the Thunder in the Glen rally. Nowhere to stay so we pushed on but it did look fun.

--- End quote ---

The islands are great. Have a good trip! 👍😎

MrDavo:
Well we’re in Dumbarton, ??? and the weather is glorious!
We had a couple of pints sat in the sun at the Counting House, then a Staroprama at the ‘Spoons. The bus driver coming back was a bit unsure of where we were trying to get to, but let us ride for free, great as my bus pass doesn’t work in Scotland. Petrol prices are horrific but at least the Sportster does 50mpg.

We have realised that the dark skies in the Hebrides will be a bit of a washout because this far North it doesn’t get that dark in June, when we went to Iceland in the summer we never saw it go dark, people were wearing sunglasses at Midnight!  8)

The bike is behaving itself, tomorrow morning we’re off to Oban for the ferry to Barra. No pictures till we get back, I can’t host then until I get back to my PC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version