SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

Early UK CB750 K0 restoration - why do one when you can do two [emoji2957]

(1/13) > >>

JamesH:
Well, now the Police bike if finished and has found a new home, it’s time to start a new thread. I must be a sucker for punishment so here goes..

Let’s commence the simultaneous restoration of two early UK CB750 K0’s - AYO 63H and AYO 64H.

There’s a bit of a back story to these bikes, but to cut a long story short I purchased them back in 2016 as dismantled ‘basket cases’ and they’ve sat waiting for my attention until now.

The engines were rebuilt by Graham back in 2018 and have sat in dry storage since then.

The PO had powder coated all of the cycle parts and frame but the finish was frankly awful and the prep work obviously much the same.

So I had the PC stripped from everything back in 2019 and everything properly painted in 2 pack semi-gloss.

I’ve been collecting various parts over the past few years and now I’m in a position to move ahead.

JamesH:
I have the V5 for one of the bikes, but sadly not the other. So once complete I’ll need to go through the torturous process of trying to get the original registration number re-assigned to AYO 63H by the DVLA.

Hopefully the fact that one bike is registered in my name already will help. Plus the VIN numbers are two digits apart and the reg numbers being consecutive mean they were probably sold by the same suppling dealer.

I also have the original number plate from AYO 63H so fingers crossed..

Anyway, photos of the painted frames and original number plates..

JamesH:
New phosphor bronze swingarm bearings fitted, new Honda ‘collars’ and everything cleaned and freshly greased ready for assembly.

Also fitted new lower shock bushes.

JamesH:
Fast forward to today and both engines are back in the correct place. Many thanks to Graham for his lovely work on the engines - I was lucky to get in there before he hung up his engine spanner’s. Hopefully I can do his handy work justice.

Center stands fitted with refurbished hardware, new Honda head race bearings fitted to the refurbished triple tress and satin-painted upper yoke.

Note - this has all happened over the past 2/3 weeks in between other stuff; and progress on these will be slower than normal - so I’ll keep updates coming as & when.

Nurse Julie:
They look great sitting side by side James.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version