Author Topic: Correct Horn & Bracket?  (Read 802 times)

Offline XS850

• View Profile
Correct Horn & Bracket?
« on: June 17, 2022, 02:51:20 PM »
Would someone have a drawing/picture of the original horn & bracket for a 75 CB400 please.  Mine is unoriginal with a made up bracket so I’d like to replicate the bracket as near original as I can.

I also see the mounting holes in the frame for the horn bracket are 8mm, the loom strap bracket has 8mm holes in it but parts description is for 6mm bolts - I see the horn bracket has rubber grommets & dowels that take the bolt fitting down to 6mm but the rest are just too big (8mm) by my thinking - am I missing something?

I’ve seen posts (here) that say the horn is a Mitsuba MB-E but other posts say something about a “plastic” shroud on it - what is right please?

Thanks - Bruce

Offline smoothoperator

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Correct Horn & Bracket?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 11:02:01 AM »
Some pics of mine before and during the restore.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vkiiYBA7onCjZ7pe9
Steve
2017 Triumph Bonneville T100
1977 Honda 400 Four Restored April 2022

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 12:12:59 PM »
Two types of horn and different bracket fitted to the 400 four  ;)

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 01:43:44 PM »
Bruce, if your bike is a UK one then it is indeed a Mitsuba horn according to the parts manual (‘E’ is the English version). And yep, there is a snap-on black plastic shroud.

As for the mounting… I can’t remember as recently sold my F2, but does the parts pic help?

Cheers…

Offline XS850

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 08:57:18 AM »
Thank you all - smoothoperator, those photos have helped enormously - at least I now know what I’m looking for! My parts diagram doesn’t show too much detail around the bracket so I can now modify/make one up to suit

Bruce

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal