Author Topic: Kawasaki Z1-A For Sale  (Read 912 times)

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
Kawasaki Z1-A For Sale
« on: June 22, 2022, 01:23:08 PM »
A new project beckons, for the necessary cash and garage space the Z1-A is going to reluctantly have to go, to be honest these days I enjoy restoring bikes for the sake of it - I have 3 but can only ride one at a time.

Ideally I want to put it on the market after Crich (where you can see it) but if it gets sold before on here so be it. The price here is £17k, when it gets advertised it will be more like £18k or nearest offer, I'm not in a rush. PM me if you're interested. There is a build thread in the forum, detailing everything I've done, but here's my advert text and a few pics.

KAWASAKI 900cc Z1-A, BUILT MARCH 1974, TOTAL REBUILD FINISHED 2021

US spec model Z1-A , imported into the UK 1995, completely rebuilt. Candy green, with (expensive) optional twin disc and steering damper.
Frame and bodywork professionally painted by Spraypoint to a very high standard. Alloy parts were all professionally polished, chrome parts are new or replated. New replica 4 into 4 exhaust system from Delkevic.

Wheels rebuilt (by Hagon) with new rims, spokes and bearings. Converted to modern ‘O Ring’ chain, using correct new sprockets, spacers and engine plate mods as per Kawasaki service bulletin. If the asking price is met, I will include the original (very rare) chain oil pump, tank and bracket, I would have fitted them but was too much of a coward to drill the necessary hole (for the dipstick) in the already painted side panel.

Engine and carbs (correct 28mm) completely rebuilt, bored to first oversize with new OEM pistons and rings. Carbs have all new jets etc and genuine KHI float valves (£180!). Uprated camchain. Bike has done 500 running in miles only post rebuild, then given a full service including timing and valve clearance checks. Starts instantly on the button, looks and runs like a new bike.

Almost all of the electrics are brand new, including looms, switchgear, voltage regulator and points plate assembly. I will include the original Stanley sealed beam headlamp, but it is for the US market (dips the wrong way), for safety I have fitted a modern Lucas halogen unit.
All correct OEM Stanley reflectors, indicator and rear lenses, rear light has correct date code.

The bike has been to one bike show (2021 BMPS Ashton U Lyne branch), where it won the Best Bike Trophy, so I have retired it with a 100% record! For the purist, the front discs have been drilled, and the speedo is from a Z1-B (even MPH numbers as well as odd) but is the correct OEM ND speedo, not a replica, also the ND rev counter has the correct (working) stop light. I have fitted a Pingel fuel tap as it gives a much better fuel flow than the new PKM replica one which I can include. All three (new) locks work on one key. I have a spare Takasago front wheel which has the correct date code of 3/74 as per the swinging arm etc, which will be included at the asking price.
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Kawasaki Z1-A For Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 05:05:44 PM »
You can get a very nice CB750 for that price  ;D ;D ;D

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 05:36:34 PM »
You can get a very nice CB750 for that price  ;D ;D ;D

Or still have nowhere near enough money for one of these.....

1974 Kawasaki Z1A

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 04:22:05 PM »
Bump, Z1A is still here, but I've found a van now, off to see it on Saturday.
1974 Kawasaki Z1A

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal