SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

Where to fit a small analogue voltmeter ?

<< < (2/2)

400 Cafe Racer:

--- Quote from: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 23, 2022, 06:21:23 PM ---I presently have a small digital voltmeter mounted on the handlebars between the mounting brackets.
It works just fine but in bright daylight you can't read the display.

Has anyone here fitted a small diameter Analogue guage -the old headlamp mounted units would be ideal you could fit a raised type unit in a suitable housing?

--- End quote ---

Hi Ted,

In terms of positioning I think it’s down to personal choice. If you look at my “Cockpit Upgrade” post you will see I accommodated 6 gauges. The AFR gauge was a little lager in diameter so would not sit as low as the others.

In terms of housings it depends what you can create with the garage resources you have available.

I am pleased with the good info that mine provide, and the wiring you have should work fine, but I would go for a gauge that has a damped movement, to avoid needle vibration.

Hope this helps.

Great that you are now on the road.

All the best

Dennis

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: 400 Cafe Racer on June 24, 2022, 05:13:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 23, 2022, 06:21:23 PM ---I presently have a small digital voltmeter mounted on the handlebars between the mounting brackets.
It works just fine but in bright daylight you can't read the display.

Has anyone here fitted a small diameter Analogue guage -the old headlamp mounted units would be ideal you could fit a raised type unit in a suitable housing?

--- End quote ---

Hi Ted,

In terms of positioning I think it’s down to personal choice. If you look at my “Cockpit Upgrade” post you will see I accommodated 6 gauges. The AFR gauge was a little lager in diameter so would not sit as low as the others.

In terms of housings it depends what you can create with the garage resources you have available.

I am pleased with the good info that mine provide, and the wiring you have should work fine, but I would go for a gauge that has a damped movement, to avoid needle vibration.

Hope this helps.

Great that you are now on the road.

All the best

Dennis

--- End quote ---

Hi Dennis - I had forgotten that post - I was hoping I could find a handlebar mounted analogue gauge as I've seen on the net but can't find anyone who sells the. Thanks Ted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version