SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

speedo trip rewind knob

<< < (2/4) > >>

Matt_Harrington:

--- Quote from: rosco on June 28, 2022, 01:51:08 PM ---Hi All
 Does anyone have a speedo trip rewind knob for a cb400  that they are willing to part with  It is a push fit on splines Unfortunately had to distroy mine while doing a refurb and they are not listed as a spare Thanks  Ross

--- End quote ---

If you don't find one, I'm about to make a couple and could easily make another. They will, however, be made from Stainless and not ally...
Matt

paul G:

--- Quote from: rosco on June 28, 2022, 01:51:08 PM ---Hi All
 Does anyone have a speedo trip rewind knob for a cb400  that they are willing to part with  It is a push fit on splines Unfortunately had to distroy mine while doing a refurb and they are not listed as a spare Thanks  Ross

--- End quote ---
When you take the speedo apart you leave the knob on the shaft.
The shaft is in two parts put some heat on the shafts where they meet as it has thread lock on it.
Hold the shaft nearest the numbers with some long nose pliers and unscrew it LEFT HAND thread  ;)

rosco:
Cheers for that Matt.  If Peter hasn't got any  then i will take you up on your offer

Well Paul, you learn stuff everyday I never knew they unscrewed   Only read that to remove the knob use a dremel to cut a slot in the knob which can be repaired  This i was trying but totally destroyed the Knob  Every day a school day That is now logged Thanks

Ross

paul G:
PM me email address for full guide.

rosco:
Wish i had known this before  Never mind  Its not a crime to make a mistake !! But its a crime not to learn from it ?? Ross

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version