SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB650

1981 cb650z - carbs

<< < (2/3) > >>

SteveW:
Sure my pilot screws are 2 1/2 turns out.

Oddjob:
Sounds like there is a blockage in the pilot circuit, having the screws so far out partly corrects it.

SteveW:
Have you removed the pilot jets? They are pressed in but come out pretty easily with. Hot air gun.

blackeagles:
I'm hoping to try anything other than taking them off as the air box is built onto the rear mudguard and there is very limited space when you loosen the connector from it to the air chamber - maybe 5mm - which is supposed to be enough to 'wangle' the carbs off.

as I said earlier, it does run allbeit with odd settings so I'm firstly going to try taking the pilot screws out and spray carb cleaner into them and reset it all to a basic setting and see what happens

blackeagles:

--- Quote from: SteveW on July 27, 2022, 06:33:29 PM ---Sure my pilot screws are 2 1/2 turns out.

--- End quote ---

well the carb cleaner may have worked - not really possible to tell - but if I set the pilot screw to 2 1/2 out (like you have) it runs well enough allbeit with a 'spit back' or two when its cold but needless to say now number two overflow is pouring petrol out so the needle is jammed down again.

talk about a step forward and then one back!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version