Author Topic: Wiring my CB550F2 from 1978  (Read 1227 times)

Online alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Wiring my CB550F2 from 1978
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2022, 08:10:32 AM »
On the wiring diagram, the front signal lights have two wires and are grounded through the green wire. On the parts list for my bike, the front signal lights only have one wire.

How are the front signals grounded. Is that through the bolts in the sides of the headlight shell that then goes to a green grounding connector?

Online McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2022, 10:43:22 AM »
I found my original loom had colour faded quite badly plus I had a none UK left side handlebar switch unit though it looked original in terms of age. Just no pass switch & different horn wiring.

I made up a mini loom for the rear lamp unit to retain the original colours as mine was in very poor condition. If you PM me your e-mail address I can send you my XL wiring spreadsheet if that helps.

Thank you, I would love that! You can send it to alex@alexdecker.dk. Or share it in here for others to enjoy as well!

I've only just realised yours is not a 400, I've sent the XL sheet anyway but had an auto out of office reply until early August.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2022, 12:34:15 PM »
On the wiring diagram, the front signal lights have two wires and are grounded through the green wire. On the parts list for my bike, the front signal lights only have one wire.

How are the front signals grounded. Is that through the bolts in the sides of the headlight shell that then goes to a green grounding connector?

Yes.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal