Author Topic: Trying to source these rear signal light brackets + rubbers. Help please?  (Read 1701 times)

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Hey

I am trying to source the two rear signal light brackets + rubbers (the brackets with the ground signal for the rear signals), highlighted on the attached image.

I heard someone just makes these themselves, but I don't have the tools for that. I have been unable to find them anywhere though - neither bracket nor rubbers. Can anyone help?

Offline Bro550F

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Good luck with that.
Luckily I have them but was struggling for #15 with small diameter stem for UK indicators.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
These maybe a fit, you will have to cross ref part numbers >>> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284858757264?hash=item4252e7b090:g:ms4AAOSwah1iq3Xv

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
These maybe a fit, you will have to cross ref part numbers >>> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284858757264?hash=item4252e7b090:g:ms4AAOSwah1iq3Xv

Aw, just double checked part numbers, and unfortunately they don't fit. That was quite the catch though Trigger - thank you!

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
I'm sure I have a new pair of the rubbers but just had a quick look in the shed and can't find them in my '500' box. Give me a few days to see if I can find them as got busy few days
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
All of those parts of the rear indicator stem setup are very hard to find.

I MAY have some but I'd need to compare them to the originals as although they can look the same they aren't.

The 550F rubbers seem to be slightly bigger than any of those that look the same. The 500 ones for instance look identical but they are smaller and the 2 holes are closer together.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Now you have said that Ken, that might be the reason why I have the new ones. Seem to remember the holes not matching as you say
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile

I MAY have some but I'd need to compare them to the originals as although they can look the same they aren't.

The 550F rubbers seem to be slightly bigger than any of those that look the same. The 500 ones for instance look identical but they are smaller and the 2 holes are closer together.

If they are right, I’d be very interested in them.

With such low availability, what have you guys done instead? Any good examples? The PO of mine have made a homemade setup and they are just grounded through the grab bar.

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
Hi Alex; have recently bought these parts for my ‘750 K2 from Yamiya.

Unsure whether they’re the same part #; good luck.

(at the top of their page you can select Euros to better understand the price!)

Simon

https://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=246_251_183_147

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Hi Alex; have recently bought these parts for my ‘750 K2 from Yamiya.

Unsure whether they’re the same part #; good luck.

(at the top of their page you can select Euros to better understand the price!)

Simon

https://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=246_251_183_147

Ah, so close! This fits the 550 K0 from 1975, but not my 550F2. Thank you though! It must be possible to find it for a F2 model somewhere!

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile

With such low availability, what have you guys done instead? Any good examples? The PO of mine have made a homemade setup and they are just grounded through the grab bar.

TBH there isn't a lot you can do. Maybe see if you can alter other brackets and rubbers. Or, and this is just something I'm experimenting with ATM, see if another grab rail fits. I have 4 grab rails, one NOS 550F, one 550F just being chromed, one 500 one and one I'm not sure what it's off except it fits the 500/550. The 500 and the last one both use slightly smaller rubber cushions and because of that you can then fit different indicator stems, the 550F stems are VERY hard to find. Even I have only 1 set. I'm trying to see if I can figure out what the 500 and the odd one will accept as rubbers and metal brackets. I was halfway there until I got Covid and TBH I've done nothing at all on the bikes or parts for almost a month now due to the after effects. I may start doing stuff next week as I'm slowly getting back to normal.

BTW, do you have the rear stems?

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile

TBH there isn't a lot you can do. Maybe see if you can alter other brackets and rubbers. Or, and this is just something I'm experimenting with ATM, see if another grab rail fits. I have 4 grab rails, one NOS 550F, one 550F just being chromed, one 500 one and one I'm not sure what it's off except it fits the 500/550. The 500 and the last one both use slightly smaller rubber cushions and because of that you can then fit different indicator stems, the 550F stems are VERY hard to find. Even I have only 1 set. I'm trying to see if I can figure out what the 500 and the odd one will accept as rubbers and metal brackets. I was halfway there until I got Covid and TBH I've done nothing at all on the bikes or parts for almost a month now due to the after effects. I may start doing stuff next week as I'm slowly getting back to normal.

BTW, do you have the rear stems?

Actually I don’t. I need a whole setup. This is what I got right now, which is working. Just trying to get it back to factory spec, or as close as possible. There is a little piece of rubber in between the grab bar and the mounting bracket. And then they are grounded through the grab bar to frame. I just got the frame powder coated though, so wondering if I have to fashion a grounding wire for each side (maybe attached to the bolt holding the signal lights), and run it to the rear green ground wire. I would hate to scrape of paint back there just to get a ground.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Yes it would be a good idea to run a ground from the 6mm clamp bolt to a harness green

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
I fitted earth wires connected inside the lamps as the original earths were rusted out.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
I'll see what I have that could work for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal