Author Topic: Lost Registration  (Read 958 times)

Offline Davelu88

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Lost Registration
« on: August 02, 2022, 01:35:50 PM »
Hi all ,I purchased my 550F in may on the bay from a reputable dealer & I arranged delivery.  Being  busy at the time they said they could arrange registration and i paid my money . I am now being told that the DVLA have lost , misplaced the forms and are looking into it . I have spoken to the dvla but they will give me no Info as I'm not registering it although the nova people says duty has been paid . I have rung the dealer several times but just get told its being looked into & have no reason to not believe them but communica is not great at keeping me informed ,I have spent a small fortune on parts etc but am at this moment in time I am left with a no reg no nova certificate bike. Annoyed !!!!!!

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Registration
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 01:40:11 PM »
Can you get proof, a number or cert etc, from nova that duty has been paid?
If so you may be able to start the process again but i would expect dvla to want you to trailer it to an inspection site due to their incompetence

Offline Davelu88

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 01:48:44 PM »
Hi Bryan , no as I am not the one registering it , all the nova will say is it has been paid , the dvla are the same they . will give me no Info

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 03:00:41 PM »
If it was a reputable dealer they must help you here.

If they wash their hands they’re not going to stay reputable for very long.

Was it DK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Davelu88

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 03:10:27 PM »
Hi Steve no is wasn't DK . Its in the Midlands although I do not want to besmirch them at the moment as I am sure  its not their fault ,it's just I am getting no communication and am getting frustrated.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 03:14:12 PM »
If it had a Nova on it ,it is on the nova system. Ask James H as, he has access to the system and knows a lot about it  ;)

Offline Davelu88

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 03:20:11 PM »
Hi Graham,  I did speak to the nova dept and gave them the frame number etc and they confirmed that duty had been paid but when I asked if I could get a copy of the cert so if it comes to it I will do the reg myself they said no as it is not in my name ? . I will try speaking to James & see what he says .

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 03:39:05 PM »
Hi Graham,  I did speak to the nova dept and gave them the frame number etc and they confirmed that duty had been paid but when I asked if I could get a copy of the cert so if it comes to it I will do the reg myself they said no as it is not in my name ? . I will try speaking to James & see what he says .

Dave - you only really have two options.

Either wait/chase the dealer as they've already applied for the V5 with DVLA and sounds like they have an 'open case' with them.

Or, do the V55/5 application yourself, with a covering letter explaining the situation. If you do it yourself, send it recorded delivery. But, you'll need to get an original dating certificate (assuming the dealer sent off the original title or proof of age with their application).

Not ideal - but in your shoes I would just apply pressure to the dealer who supplied you and try and get it resolved that way.

Graham - I don't have access to NOVA by the way lol.

Offline Davelu88

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 03:49:17 PM »
Cheers  James

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 05:58:15 PM »
I do not understand why a dealer would not register it first in their name so they have a V5 at the point of sale. It's what we did when I was in the car trade.
DVLA used to advise never to buy a vehicle without a Registration Document.

Hope they sort it soon.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Davelu88

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 11:44:32 PM »
I think so many people  buy imports to restore with a nova to register themselves which I would normally do but at the time I was a bit busy and they offered to do it so I took them up on it . Never again !!!!

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2022, 09:31:26 AM »
I guess all vehicle imports have increased over the decades with more folk prepared to do their own paperwork.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline SteveW

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2022, 11:19:48 AM »

I never needed to send a Nova certificate when I registered mine.
The DVLA can just look it up and find it on the system.
1974 CB550 K0
1980 CB650
2000 CBR929RR Fireblade
1966 Lambretta LI150 Series 3
1981 RD350LC
1972 Raleigh Chopper
1974 Raleigh Tomahawk
2011 Henry Hoover

Offline Davelu88

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 01:54:05 PM »
The dealer been in touch , its the DVLA fault they have lost it , so just gotta wait while they try and locate the paperwork & if not they will try again with a new registration .     >:( DVLA  >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal