Author Topic: Amendments to Dropbox Manual files.  (Read 989 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Amendments to Dropbox Manual files.
« on: August 05, 2022, 07:14:41 PM »
I don't really check in on here much now. But if anyone has amendments or manuals to add to my Dropbox links please leave a note on this post and I will endeavour to make the necessary changes etc when time permits.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: Amendments to Dropbox Manual files.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 08:06:35 AM »
Thanks Ash.

I was about to say that I can only edit files that are in Aladdin’s Cave - not the one’s that are in the Dropbox.

Good to hear from you again BTW. What are you doing nowadays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 09:33:26 AM »
Thanks Ash.

I was about to say that I can only edit files that are in Aladdin’s Cave - not the one’s that are in the Dropbox.

Good to hear from you again BTW. What are you doing nowadays?

Doing fine thanks Steve just decided to concentrate on getting some of my bikes built up. I will report back when I have a few of them to show !
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Laverdaroo

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 11:58:53 AM »
Hi all,
I’m just into gathering bits together to measure the journals and after scratching my head for a bit this morning I wondered if I’d spotted a triping error in the 400/4-500-550 Haynes Liar.

This may have been spotted before if so I’ll get back in my box but this can t be right can it??

(I assume there is a typo on the big end range and it should read 0.02 – 0.046mm)

Mornings are the invention of the devil!

1977 CB550F (current money pit!!)
2002 VFR800 VTEC (The Beloved)
1977 CB400F (the last money pit!)
1998 Ducati 748\853 conversion(sold :()
1980 ish CB750KZ in a billion bits (need to get rid, anybody want one?))

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 01:19:22 AM »
Here goes with the CB500/550 Shop  Manual. Also included in the main Dropbox links.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lirtu1euydi0rol/Honda%20CB500_CB550%20%20Four%20Service%20Manual%20Ammended.pdf?dl=0

This .pdf was copied from another internet site (as I didn't have my own paper copy to scan to .pdf.) but I just amended it for P7 & 8 to the best of my abilities/translation skills.

Can I advise a certain member on here that all of the manuals scans etc. on here are most certainly NOT copies from other internet sites and I take great exception to that suggestion.

I personally paid over £200 for CB250/350K, CB72/77, CB92, early S90 mega rare parts books, which I then chopped off the spines so we could have an auto-fed, quality copy on here  NOT available elsewhere on the internet and 'plagiarised' since I scanned to .pdf on other sites (with my blessing I might add). After all the info really belongs to Honda or original publishers.

Also others on here including Ken (Oddjob) and Bryan have allowed me to dissect (chop the spines) from  very rare copies (like Bryan's MEGA rare JDM CB500K0 Parts Book) of their own coveted copies of Honda  literature,  so that I can auto scan them to get a really nice copy  to put on here! Obviously this butchering devalues their resale value considerably.

PLUS .. it costs me round £8/month to maintain all of this data on Dropbox. Absolutely not a problem  for me BTW.

Rant over !
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 02:34:35 AM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2022, 02:27:27 AM »

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2022, 08:18:58 AM »
Ash, i agree with you having spent days hand scanning blue book manuals and borrowed dealer parts books

Offline Toko_Jo

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 09:10:12 AM »
Yea spot on   :D :D..... well said AshimotoK0 ..you tell 'em what for !

Do you have a pdf  file of  CB750K7 Parts Book perchance please?

Offline Toko_Jo

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 08:31:05 AM »
AsimotoK0 .. a few fiches on this site but pretty sure you know that already. Sadly no CB750K7  :(
https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 11:42:04 AM »
AsimotoK0 .. a few fiches on this site but pretty sure you know that already. Sadly no CB750K7  :(
https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/

Yes I use that site ...I got my CB250K4 UK parts info from there.

I just bought a CB750K7 Genuine Parts Book. When it arrives I will scan it and put it in the Dropbox links.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal