SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Teds new project a CB500 K1 mostly version 0.5 circa 1972.

<< < (2/154) > >>

SPR:
Looking good Ted and I'll be following with interest so I can pinch a few tips for my own :)

Simon

Bryanj:
Tis a UK one but got a US rear mudguard as i had more decent ones of those and grab rail as i couldnt find the handle or uk indicator mounts at the time.

Rozabikes Tim:
Nice one Ted. Loads more tricks to learn.

Did you fetch it yourself, courier or what?

Sesman:
Is it a USA model? The clocks look like the ‘small type’ flatter presentation with odometer adjustment on the side rather than underneath. My comparison is based on a 1973K2, which may not be relevant. Dunno. Bit it looks to be substantially all there more or less. Definitely a good start.

Bryanj:
The clocks are correct for the K0 and 1, the K2 was a US model with bigger clocks and the trip knob downwards. The US K1 had a bracket that angled the clocks more towards the rider and full chrome backs instead of the open ones.
I explained to Ted that this was not a restored bike and was built for a specific reasom with the most useable bits i had acess to at the time and we were both happy with the bike and price.
Roo was very kind in transporting it as i no longer have a vehicle with towbar and even when his initial reason for going that way fell through still transported the bike for Ted.
I am more than happy to give reasons for anything seen and me and Ted have agreements that we wont discuss here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version