SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Teds new project a CB500 K1 mostly version 0.5 circa 1972.

<< < (158/165) > >>

davidcumbria:
Your back plate securing screw is nicely in the middle of its adjustment range👍

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I'm going to dismantle the points plate to clean it up. Ken is sending me some proper screws to replace the Allen Key Headed ones to prevent overtightening.

I agree David the main three back plate screws are pretty central. It the CB ones that are at the extreme end, I will see if there is a make on them when I strip down the plate.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Yesterday I fitted the correct screws that Ken sent me to the points base plate - I set up the static timing using the bulb method as per the Haynes Manual it took me the best part of an hour to end up with the right points gap range & set the timing something close to where it ought to be.  I cranked the engine over before fitting the plugs - oil light went out as it should.
I filled up my temporary petrol tank - first bonus was there was no float flooding when I opened the petrol line tap.
Cleaned & fitted the PO's NGK D7EA plugs.
I made sure I had the correct HT leads after my 400 fiasco.

tbh it took a bit of cranking before she first fired up then all was good - no nasty noises - she sounds so different to my 400.
Next job is the dynamic timing, check the camshafts for oil splash then tweak the carbs if needed as so far only done a bench sych.

Laverdaroo:
Yay, well done Ted, cracking news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryanj:
Glad to hear shes back running Ted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version